Sunday, April 17, 2011

A Place to Rest My Head & Dream of Sun, Sand & Surf

My dream or should I say goal of home ownership is to have a craftsman style bungalow near the beach one day.  We're not quite sure where we'll plant our roots eventually, so for now I have the luxury of browsing through various magazines and websites dreaming of how I'll decorate my future, permanent, non-rented home.  In today's post, I feature some of my favorite interior design jobs for bedrooms I've come across....which one do you like?  The first six pictures are of our bedroom in the apartment we rent in SF.  We have a long way to go to look like some of my favorite rooms, but I think it's a good start on such a small budget. :)

I love the soothing colors of light blue and white. I added a pop of pink to
the room by placing flowers to the right of the bed and on my dresser.
 
Another angle of the room.  The frame on the far right of the photo is a beautiful cross-stich picture made by my Grandmother.  It was our wedding gift from her...such a special reminder of our wedding day.
 
I love pictures and can never seem to take enough.
I wanted a great way to display some of my favorite shots...my dresser made the perfect spot!


One of the bedside tables.  The lamp and sea turtle candle holder are from Target,
the picture frame a gift from my mom and the fake flowers/vase from a craft strore.

I LOVE this picture frame.  It was a gift from my mom when I got married
in Key West 3.5 years ago and matches my bedroom decor perfectly!

We love to be reminded of all of the wonderful, tropical places we've visited.  What better way to display our past adventures than in our coastal-themed bedroom?  I puchased the frames from Aaron's Brothers Art & Framing
and sent the photos to Walgreens to be printed in poster size.
Can you take a guess where the photos were taken?
(Top Row, L to R: Cozumel, Maui/Hawaii, Aruba;
Bottom Row, L to R: Bahamas, Australia, Costa Rica)

Photo by Richard Leo Johnson as seen in Coastal Living

Photo by Dominique Vorillon as seen in Coastal Living

Photo by Jean Allsopp as seen in Coastal Living

Photo by Brian Vanden Brink as seen in Coastal Living

Photo by Grey Crawford as seen in Coastal Living

Photo by David Tsay as seen in Coastal Living

Today I'm linking up to Debbie Doo's Newbie Blog Party.  Join in on the fun! 

5 comments:

  1. Erin that is awesome! I love the inspiration pics, they are dreamy. Thanks for joining my newb party. Have fun girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooo I love all of those bedroom photos. I can just feel the warm breeze on my face, and hear the lull of the ocean waves. I wouldn't mind having a bedroom so airy and beachy. :)

    Great ideas!

    Lisa
    http://chicmagnifique.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the grouping of photos above your bed. The room has a nice calming feeling!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving the photos and the lamp.I have that same one but I went with a barrel shade.Lovin your blog!Stop by and visit me and follow if you so desire.Im your newest follower!See you next post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is lovely! What a pretty room! I've given you a blogging award! Come check it out!

    http://alittlestonehouse.blogspot.com/2011/04/i-feel-so-special-my-first-blogging.html

    ~Clarissa @ A Little Stone House

    ReplyDelete