Sunday, June 26, 2011

CooCoo for Coconuts!

I purchased adorable cookie cutters on my recent trip to Florida and decided to make delicious Coconut Sugar Cookies with them.  Wow, I'm impressed with this recipe!  The cookies are delicious and are the perfect summer treat.  It helps that they look like they came straight from the Caribbean!  I found the recipe online and added my own twist by adding coconut flavoring to the batter and icing.



Cookies
- 1 c. butter
- 2 c. sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1/2 tsp. grated lemon rind
- 4 1/2 c. sifted flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 2/3 c. sour cream
- 1 c. flaked or shredded coconut

Icing
- 2 1/2 c. powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp. coconut flavoring
- 1 tsp. vanilla flavoring
- 3 1/2 tbsp. milk

Set oven to 350 degrees.  Mix all ingredients together. Chill in refridgerator for 15 minutes.  Roll out the dough and cut with cookie cutter or make out in balls and press down. Bake for 10-12 minutes.  Once cookies are cool, spread icing on top with sprinnkles.  Enjoy!

Be sure to join me for DebbieDoo's Newbie Blog Party today!

2 comments:

  1. Those are cute, and so yummy looking too. Thanks for sharing at the newbie party.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They turned out great! I bet they taste good too!!!

    ReplyDelete